Submitting a Recipe
If you would like to submit a recipe for consideration and to be published on iLunchbox please review the following guidelines.
- Submit all recipes in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “recipe for submission” in the subject line of your email.
- Your recipe should be original. If you have altered a published recipe to suite your needs and made it your own, please give credit to your inspiration.
- The recipe should be written in Word (.doc) format; single spaced and left justified.
- Do not underline or bold text; only use italics when referring to titles.
- Each recipe should include a title, not in all caps.
- The number of servings and any special notes or tips should be listed under the title.
- Use bulleted lists whenever possible. Use the bullets/numbering feature in Word to format.
- List your ingredients in the order they are used.
- List the equipment that is needed.
- List the directions in the order in which they should be preformed.
- Do not insert images or clipart in your document. Images should be submitted in .jpeg format as separate files. No image is required.
- All published material is copyrighted by iLunchbox; recipe submission implies author agreement with this policy.
- iLunchbox may, on occasion, allow the reprinting of recipes in other publications.
- iLunchbox reserves the right to alter any accepted recipes for clarity and adherence to iLunchbox’s editorial style. Recipe submission implies author agreement with this policy. iLunchbox does not provide authors with proofs of edited versions of their manuscripts.
- iLunchbox accepts only previously unpublished recipes, unless there is written approval from the publisher to reprint the recipe.
- Recipes must be non-promotional in nature. The editors will delete references to product brand names in recipes or recipes.
- Include your name, along with city and state you live in so we can give you credit for the recipe.
Sound Off In Our Weekly Poll