Chicken Avocado Pita PocketNote/Suggestion: Adding sprouts to the sandwich increased the nutritional value. Try broccoli sprouts, they taste great. Serves 2
- 8 oz cooked chicken, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, slices
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup of sprouts, optional
- Warm the pita pockets in the toaster oven until soft and pliable. Cut the top 1/3 off the pita pocket and gently open the pocket.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing on the inside of the pita pocket.
- Fill the pita pocket with 1/2 of the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap the pita pocket sandwich in parchment paper much like a burrito.
- Repeat for next pita pocket.
Sound Off In Our Weekly Poll