Asian Inspired Chicken SaladNote/Suggesstions: Use a low-sodium soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. If you have neither in your fridge, try hoisen sauce instead.
If your family likes water chestnuts, radish or bamboo shoots, add about 1/2 cup to this recipe to increase the Asian flare. Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped, white and light green part only
- 1/2 cup shreded carrots
- 1/4 cup sprouts (I like the broccoli sprouts, but any will do)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. minced ginger (from a jar or tube is perfect)
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts, optional
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chicken with the next four ingredients.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk togehter the mayo, soy sauce and ginger.
- Mix the dressing with the chicken mixture.
- Serve this with mixed greens on a plate (or in a reuseable container with a lid) topped with crushed peanuts or in a wrap with a flour tortilla.
Sound Off In Our Weekly Poll