Tuscan Chicken SoupNotes/Suggestions: Makes about 4-6 servings
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-7 oz bottle of roasted bell peppers, rinsed, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-15oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-16 oz box of chicken stock
- 1-6oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups of cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large pot and sautee the onion and garlic until soft and golden.
- Add the roasted bell peppers, rosemary and beans and sautee until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and spinach and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and return to a boil.
- Serve in bowls or a thermos topped with shredded Parmesan cheese and a piece of multi-grain Italian bread or roll.
Sound Off In Our Weekly Poll