Chicken, Chickpeas and PastaNote/Suggestion: I like to make this dish with either leftover roast chicken or freshly sauteed chicken breast.
Put in a thermos to keep hot until lunch. serve with a piece of parmesan cheese and whole wheat roll.
Makes 6-8 servings.
- 1-16 oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed well.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped (or 1 Tbsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 lb of dried short pasta like fussilli
- 2 cups of cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup of leftover roast chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas, and next five ingredients together and spread out on a cookie sheet. Roast the chickpeas for 30 minutes or until slightly crunchy.
- Cook the pasta according to the package's instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
- In a large skillet or chef's pan, heat a small amount of olive oil.
- Toss together the pasta, broccoli, chickpeas with rosemary and the chicken, adding the reserved cooking liquid a little at a time to keep it moist but not wet.
- When all ingredients are heated through, add the parsley and Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sound Off In Our Weekly Poll