School Started Today
|Posted by Beth Ann Bentley on Aug 26 2008|
|iLunchbox Blog >> Beth Ann|
Well today was the first day of school for all four children: Pre-K, 1st grade, 3rd grade and 5th grade. I felt really organized this morning. I made lunches the night before, the kids packed up their school supplies and laid out their clothes and yet it still seemed chaotic nonetheless. I am happy to report there was not one tear from any one of my children although a bit of pre-teen attitude about going back to school from the 5th grader...I might blog on that frustration another day.
Here is what I made for lunch and the menu for the rest of the week. I hope you all enjoy the peace and quiet the start of school brings you, for a few hours at least. Sit back, have to coffee, chat on the phone, get your nails done, and take a breath! You deserve a moment for yourself!
- Snack: Pineapple Chunks and Purple Grapes and a Frozen Go-Gurt and apple juice
- Lunch: Cold Baked Chicken Fingers and Fresh Cold Veg (carrots, celery, jicama and black olives) served with a purple basil mayo dip. They each got a bag of Sun Chips and a Stretch Island Fruit Leather. To drink: water
- To make the purple basil mayo dip: in a blender put a 1/4 cup of purple basil leaves and 1/2 cup of mayo, one garlic clove and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can use green basil leaves too...of course.
- Snack: Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread and Low Fat Chocolate Milk
- Lunch: Black Bean and Cheese Burritos with brown rice and Green Taco Sauce, Garden Salsa Sun Chips, apple slices and water.
- Snack: Fruit and Cereal Bars, Frozen Go-Gurt and apple juice
- Lunch: Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Rolls with lettuce and tomato, popcorn, watermelon wedges and water
- Snack: ½ peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich on whole wheat and Low Fat Chocolate Milk
- Lunch: Turkey Meatloaf Sandwiches on whole wheat rolls, cutie oranges, Pretzels and water. Stretch Island Fruit leather for dessert
Recipes for the whole wheat rolls and other breads will be featured in the next newsletter being sent out on August 29th. Sign up! Have a great week! Back
|Hooray for the First Day of School!||By Unknown on Sep 03 2008 at 2:54 AM|
|I am SOOOOO glad they are back in school. I don't know who needs the structure more, me or them. Great tips on the lunches and snacks for the week. Thank you!|